The Chloramine + Wide Spectrum Model UC-200-85 by CuZn
Long Lasting, Wide-Spectrum Under Counter Water Filtration System for Chloramine Treated Municipal Water. See the UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter if you are amongst the 80-85% of folks that receive water treated that is treated with the standard Free Chlorine Disinfectant.
(see notes below regarding how to determine which type of disinfectant is added to your water)
- INCREDIBLE CAPACITY/LIFETIME: 30,000 gallons or 3 years! CuZn Backs The UC-200-85’s Performance with a 3 year Pro-Rated Warranty and all CuZn Products Carry a 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The UC-200-85 is Designed for use with Municipal Water not Private Well Water. The UC-200-85 is a Water Purification System, it is Not a Water Softening System.
- NO THIRD FAUCET HASSLE & SIMPLE TO INSTALL: Connects Directly to your Kitchen Sink’s Cold Water Line. Only Takes a Few Minutes. All You will Need is an Adjustable Wrench for Tightening Connections. NEW Install Video Instructions Available (scroll below to view). Questions or Non Standard Under Counter Plumbing? Send us an Email or Call CuZn’s Customer Support Team @ 800.345.PURE (7873)
- 3 STAGE FILTRATION PROCESS: Micro Sediment Membranes, KDF-85 & Catalytic Coconut Shell Carbon. The UC-200-85’s Process Purifies the Water Without Removing Health Beneficial Hardness Minerals, The UC-200-85 DOES NOT REDUCE TDS READINGS, a PPM or TDS Meter is Not Effective for testing. To Monitor The UC-200-85 with Testing, Utilize “Total Chlorine” Test Strips and Replace when Chloramine (also called Total Chlorine or Combined Chlorine) Breakthrough is Detected. Want TDS Removal? Purchase CuZn’s 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis System.
- BACTERIOSTATIC FILTRATION SYSTEM: Unlike Carbon Only Filters, The UC-200 is Bacteriostatic and Not Susceptible to Mold or Bacteria Growth
- Made in USA
The UC-200-85 Chloramine + Wide Spectrum Under Counter Water Filter works beneath any home or office sink to filter up to 50,000 gallons of cold water on demand. Replace the UC-200-85 every 30,000 gallons or 3 years, whichever comes first. In addition to Micro Sediment Membranes, the UC-200-85 utilizes a patented combination of KDF-85 Filtration Media and Virgin Acid Washed Catalytic Coconut Shell Carbon Filtration Media that have been tested to NSF standard 42 and 61. The UC-200-85 will reduce a wide variety of organic and inorganic contaminants including but not limited to chloramine & chlorine, water soluble cation heavy metals (lead, mercury, chromium VI, cadmium, etc.), herbicides, pesticides, sediment, algae, molds, bad taste, odors and other undesirable contaminants that may effect the quality of your water supply. The UC-200-85 DOES NOT REDUCE TDS, a TDS or PPM meter is not effective for this type of filter. Utilize “Total Chlorine” Test Strips and Replace when Chloramine (also called Total Chlorine or Combined Chlorine) & replace when chlorine breakthrough is detected. Want TDS Removal? Purchase CuZn’s 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis System. The UC-200-85 purifies the water selectively, allowing beneficial mineral content to remain. Hardness Minerals (calcium & magnesium) will pass through the UC-200-85, the UC-200-85’s KDF-85 Media stage may reduce hard scale formation on heating elements like coffee makers but not eliminate it entirely. Unlike carbon only filters, bacteria can’t grow inside the Bacteriostatic CuZn UC-200-85 Water Filtration System. The UC-200-85 requires virtually no maintenance and installs in about 5 minutes, hooking up to the cold water supply. When you turn on the cold water of your sink, it will all be CuZn pure. New video installation instructions are available, visit our website or search UC-200 Water Filter Install on Youtube. CuZn Water Systems, Est. 1987 UC-200-85 Features: Capacity: 30,000 gallons, Contents: KDF-85 Filtration Media and Acid Washed Catalytic Coconut Shell Carbon. Flow rate: 1.5 gpm. Product Type: Undersink Water Filtration System. Country of Manufacture: USA
Don’t know if your have Chlorine or Chloramines….? Send us your Zip Code & we’ll check and see what your Municipal Water Treatment Facility reporting.
– Click here to Email Us, Live Chat or Call Us @ 800.345.Pure (7873)
Alternatively, if you prefer to research yourself, visit the website of your Municipal Water Provider and review their Annual Water Quality Report (also called Consumer Confidence Report in some cases). When Chloramine is used instead of Free Chlorine, they’ll list the Disinfectant on the report as “Chloramines”, “MonoChloramine”, “Total Chlorine” or “Combined Chlorine”. If you can’t find the information regarding whether Chlorine or Chloramine is added to the water as a disinfectant, you can give the Municipal Plant a call to confirm. Of course, we’d be happy to do this for you as as well, simply provide us your zip code and we’ll do the rest!
To view installation instructions, click here: CuZn UC-50 & UC-200 Installation Instructions